Risca RFC | 1st Team 27 - 15 Ynysddu RFC | 1st Team
Callum Coughlin
Try 1
Owain Biddiscombe
Conversion 2
Penalty 1
Brandon John Kent
Try 2
Ryan Dallimore
Try 1
James Wadelin
1 Try
Lewis Millard
1 Conversion
1 Penalty
Scott Edwards
1 Try

Match Report
03 May 2019 / Team News

Risca 27 - Ynysddu 15

Match report by Clive James

Old rivalries were renewed when Risca and Ynysddu met at Blackwood in the semi final of the Ben Francis cup.An extra edge was added to the game with a point to prove to those who had left Risca on the playing and coaching side to move up the valley.

Lewis Veater and Curtis Ayling came in on the bench with an otherwise usual starting XV.
Risca got off to the perfect start with leading try scorer Ryan Dallimore adding to his tally when he ran in from 40metres out.This was then followed by another try this time from centre Brandon Kent who broke a number of attempted tackles before crashing over under the posts for Biddy to add the extras.
Ynysddu then started to get back into the game pinning Risca back in the 22 and from a period of pressure a series of pick and drives saw them get over in the corner for an unconverted score.
More pressure came from the division 2 side and it looked as if they had gone over under the posts but back chat cost them dear as Risca were awarded a penalty and Biddy put in a relieving kick to touch.Back came Ynysddu though and no.10 Millard landed a penalty after Risca infringed at the breakdown.
Half time 15pts.-8.
Risca were looking to start the 2nd.half with the same intensity as the first but for the first fifteen minutes it became a war of attrition with big hits coming in from both sides and the game being played between the 22's.But then it was Biddy who instigated the breakthrough  when he ran strongly before Brandon Kent finished off the move going over in the corner for his second try.Biddy added the extras with a glorious kick from the touchline.
The difference in the sides then became apparent as Risca stepped up the pressure keeping Ynysddu on the back foot and their defense could not stop prop Jordan Rogers going over for the fourth try.Biddy pulled the kick just wide.
Ynysddu did have the last word when right on time ex cuckoo James Wadelin touched down under the posts for Millard to add the conversion.
Full time 27pts.-15.
This was a performance that if had been replicated during the League season would have seen us winning more games than we lost.Captain Rhys Meredith again led from the front,Biddy controlled things at no.10 and there were big contributions from flanker Jake Porter and prop Adam Jones.
A huge test now awaits against Brynmawr in the Final but if they go into the game with the same mindset as they showed against Ynysddu and as they did against the same opponents at Ebbw Vale last year the Cup will be on the table at presentation night.BELIEVE BOYS!!! Just like Liverpool did.

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos